Friday, May 1, 2009

And we're off . . .


So here I am blogging . . . something I thought i would never do as 1. I am awful at spelling and 2. I didn't think I had much to say. So here I am on a Friday afternoon waiting for the weekend in my tiny cube when Christie emails me asking for Mother's Day gift ideas and it hits me - I should start a blog dedicated to gift giving! And poof - here it is!

So perhaps my first post should be about Mother's Day gifts. Mother's day is on Sunday, May 10th. Remember how much your mom did for you? Well now is the time to show your thanks!

Here are some ideas:


For That Personal Touch:

1. Get a caricature of the two of you made. Take a photo of you to a caricature artist. They'll be able to draw you and your mom in a cute and funny picture. You can even theme the drawing with an activity you like to do together - shopping, singing, playing tennis. This is a cute, inexpensive and memorable present.




2. A couple years ago I got my mom an Ipod Mini and loaded it with all the music I thought she would like. This worked well because she didn't have to spend the time figuring the technology out and I was able to share some great tunes with her.


Nice and Easy:


1. Flowers. Most women LOVE flowers. It's a nice surprise and brightens any day. Find out your mom's favorite flower and have them sent to her. Some sites like FTD even offer specials like Marriott Rewards points with purchase.


2. Spa Gift Certificate. Mom's work hard and a day of being pampered goes a long way. If you're on a budget get her a mani/pedi. If money's not an issue try an entire spa day. To really make it special treat the two of you to a spa day - Mom loves spending time with her kids.


Just for Her:


1. A "Mom's Night In" is a great way to show your creative side. Buy a cute tote bag in Mom's favorite color or print and fill it with her favorite things for a night in. Perhaps a candle and bubble bath or a DVD and microwave popcorn? If you have a wild mom why not two fun martini glasses and a bottle of vodka? The sky's the limited and this is an amazing way to make it really personal and fun. http://www.victoriassecret.com/ has some cute "pink" totes as well as great bath products.


2. A photograph. It may sound trite but it's a nice sentiment. Be artsy and turn one of your favorite photos of you and mom into a black and white photo and put it in a nice frame. Perhaps located a photo of her and her mom and frame that as well. Photographs are memories and always appreciated. Sites like http://www.ofoto.com/ and http://www.shutterfly.com/ have great ideas as well like mugs, puzzle and even playing cards with your photo on it.


If you're not sending a present at least get a card. Mom will be touched you thought of her.















No comments:

Post a Comment